Daniel Fast Recipes | Mushroom Dip
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms 1/2 onion, chopped 1 clove garlic 1 cup water or vegetable stock (included in this book)2 tablespoon whole-wheat pastry flour 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1/4 teaspoon thyme 1/4 teaspoon savory Pepper and salt
Appropriate Daniel Fast gravy made with soy milk can be a nice addition to your menus. For mushroom dip, you can use the gravy mix as your base. You can dip fresh vegetables or fruits to it and then serve it over rice or some other whole grain.
1. In a medium pan over medium to high heat, sauté onion and garlic in oil until golden brown.
2. Add mushrooms, turn to low heat and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in flour, stir and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Add water or vegetable stock. Continue to cook and stir for about 3 to 4 mins until thickened.
5. Season with salt, pepper and herbs for flavoring
Hope you enjoy it!