Daniel Fast Recipes | Stir-Fry Pepper With Rice
2 cups short-grain brown rice1 box organic vegetable brothPeanut oil3 stems of celery halved and diced to bit sizes1/2 sweet green pepper, diced1/2 sweet orange pepper, diced1/2 cup broccoli floweret's (cut to bite size)Diced onion (1 small to med size)6 mushrooms, stemmed, peeled and dicedSea salt
“Stir-Fry Pepper With Rice” by Jacqueline Benneyworth
1. Bring to a boil, 1 box of vegetable broth (organic)
2. Add 2 cups of short-grain brown rice turn temperature down to low and cook till all liquid is gone.... (Recipe on broth box)
3. In pan, add peanut oil (just cover bottom of pan for frying veggies)
4. Add: celery, green pepper, orange pepper, onion, broccoli flowerets, and mushrooms
5. As this is cooking over med heat, add stir-fry sauce to suit taste (about 2-3 tbsp)Add sea salt to suit your taste
6. Turn heat down under the stir-fry and simmer till rice is almost cooked.
7. Add a reasonable amount of fresh bean spouts to top of stir-fry and cook for only a few minutes as sprouts cook quickly and you don't want to overcook them to the point of being mushy.
Tip: Spoon a base of rice onto plate and top with generous amount of stir-fry.
Please let me know how does it taste!