Daniel Fast Recipes | Sizzling Kidney Beans
Hi! This is already the 10th Daniel Fast Recipe that I have sent you. I hope that you and your families have enjoyed some, if not, all of the 9 other recipes I have sent earlier!
Introducing today's mouthwatering, spicy and irresistible...
Sizzling Kidney Beans
1 can (16 ounce) kidney beans, drained with liquid reserved
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
¼ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons chopped parsley
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons unsalted tomato paste
Pepper and Salt
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Sauté onion, garlic, parsley, bell pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper, until onions are golden brown.
3. Stir in kidney beans with some of the reserved liquid.
4. Stir in got sauce and unsalted tomato paste.
5. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Add more water or bean liquid occasionally so that the beans will not dry out.
This is good... Please enjoy!