Daniel Fast Recipes | Stuffed Bell Peppers
4 large bell peppers of your choice1/2 cup of brown rice1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed3 zucchini (medium)3 medium carrots1 large onion1/2 of a bunch of Kale- roughly chopped1 1/2 cups of corn (frozen or fresh)1 to 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms1 large can of diced stewed tomatoes1/4 cup of fresh basil- chopped1/2 cup of fresh parsley- chopped2 tbsp chopped garlicseason to taste- cumin, coriander, salt, pepper1/4 cup olive oil
1. Sauté the rice using part of the olive oil until toasted.
2. Use enough water to cook until almost done.
3. In a separate skillet sauté the garlic, onion, carrots mushrooms, black beans and corn until partially tender.
4. Add the zucchini and kale.
5. Drain the rice of any excess water and add the vegetables and the stewed tomatoes using the liquid also.
6. Season to taste and simmer allowing a good amount of moisture to remain in the mixture.
7. Cut the tops off of the bell pepper and remove the ribs. Stuff with the mixture to overflowing, cover and bake at 350 until the bell peppers are tender.
Hope you like it!