Daniel Fast Recipes | Vegetable Stew
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus some to drizzle 1 bay leaf, fresh or dried 3 cloves garlic, 2 chopped, 1 whole cracked from skin 2 onions, sliced 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 eggplant, chopped 1 zucchini, chopped 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped Salt and pepper 1 (28-ounce) can fire roasted diced tomatoes1 cup vegetable stock1/2 cup torn or chopped basil (10 to 12 leaves)
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Heat a medium soup pot over medium heat.
3. Add extra-virgin olive oil, bay, chopped garlic and onions and let them sweat out while you prepare the rest of the veggies. Work next to the stove and drop as you chop, in order of longest cooking time: potatoes, eggplant, zucchini, and bellpepper.
4. Season with salt and pepper, cover and cook 10 minutes, stirringoccasionally.
5. Uncover and add tomatoes and vegetable stock and cook 5 minutesmore, to heat through.
6. Turn heat off and stir in basil.
Hope you like it!